B.Unlimited 3.0 is a set of keyboard and mouse that are wireless with AES encryption. The target audience is professionals who demand a robust keyboard with high quality NiMH batteries. In this review we will be looking at the Nordic model.
Quick key facts
- Durable abrasion-proof laser inscription of key caps
- USB cable charging function for both keyboard & mouse – even when in use
- High-quality, pre-charged NiMH batteries from GP with a very low self-discharge
- Almost interference-free wireless 2.4 GHz technology (range of up to 10 metres)
- Data transmission using 128-bit encryption, complying to Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Multi-station capability operation of several wireless products in one room
- 3-button mouse: infrared sensor and adjustable resolution (1,000/2,000 dpi) with ergonomic side panels
|Weight (product)||approx. 883 g (keyboard with batteries)
approx. 145 g (mouse with batteries)
approx. 6 g (receiver)
|Dimensions (product)||approx. 460 x 165 x 15 mm (keyboard)
approx. 115 x 60 x 35 mm (mouse)
approx. 42 x 18 x 8 mm (receiver)
|Current Consumption||max. 5 mA (keyboard)
max. 5 mA (mouse)
max. 30 mA (receiver)
- 1 signal receiver (USB)
- USB charger cable
- Operating instructions in hard copy
- 1 optical wireless mouse
- 1 wireless keyboard
- 2 LSD NiMH batteries (type AAA)
- 2 LSD NiMH batteries (type AA)
USB cable is for charging
- US English with EURO symbol
Nordic model with Å Ä Ö
The transmission range is up to 10 meters with frequency range 2.400 GHz – 2.4835 GHz. The style is professional and sleek. There is no lights or colors. The keyboard feels very sturdy and solid. The abrasion-proof laser inscription of key caps have a nice look. The key technology is SX. The life of the keyboard is estemated to hold > 10 million key operations. The 128-bit AES encryption protects raises the security from unauthorized access.
There is a few keys for shortcuts
- Scanning: Infrared
- Resolution: 1000 / 2000 dpi (adjustable)
- Number of Keys: 3
- Mouse wheel design: Scroll wheel with key function
- Design: Symmetrical
- Connection: wireless
The mouse has unfortunally no thumb buttons which are very handy to go forward or backward in webpages. If you dont use thumb buttons then this mouse is all you need. To switch DPI you hold left and right mouse button and then turn the mouse wheel. The mouse feels nice and accurate.
On both the keyboard and the mouse, there is LED indicators. When they flash red, you need to charge the battery.
To charge the keyboard or the mouse you need to use the chargin cable into a free USB port and turn the switch to ON. You can still use the device while it is charges, to avoid productivity loss. You cannot charge both mouse and keyboard at the same time, since only one chargin cable is included.
Its very easy to get started. Just insert the USB signal receiver into your computer. Drivers are not needed.
Cherry B.Unlimited 3.0 seems to be a set of keyboard and mouse where wireless secuity and build quality is in focus. It could possibly be more suited for an accountant than a regular user, which is slimming down the potential user base. It is not designed for gaming or intense web use since thumb buttons are missing.
Well built and sturdy
Rechargeable batteries included
No drivers needed
Wireless AES security
Multi-station capability operation of several wireless products in one room
Quiet keyboard but not super quiet
No thumb buttons
Charging cable is not standard micro USB.
Clicks on mouse are not quet